Thursday, April 14, 2022

The Final Stretch

Hello to my lovely readers, today I need to update you all about the editing. The editing process has been very nice and smooth for the most part. As I have already mentioned, Jade did more of the editing. I mostly gave suggestions.
One of my main focuses was the title designs. I suggested to have all the title designs that contain the names of the actors be in the corner. It is important for the title designs not to interfere with the scene going on. The rest of the title designs will be kept in the center as they are more significant and I want them to have a bigger focus.
Another focus was to make sure the quality of each shot was good. Since Jade and I filmed the scenes on separate devices, it was important how I sent her the scenes of Cassandra. If I had texted Jade all of the scenes, the quality would have been messed up and not good. Instead, I emailed them to her which kept all of the scenes at a good quality.
Throughout editing, I was frequently checking my notebook which details all the information about the storyboard. The information being the description of the shot, the costume, props, setting, and title design. I was more focusing on the description of the shot and title design. I wanted to make sure the film matched the original plan. Not that the film is a perfect copy of the plan, but it is a very close resemblance. 
From editing I was able to get a better understanding of what should be done in the filming stage and what should be done in the editing phase. Also, before filming I learned to visualize the film in terms of where the actors or objects should be in the screen. For example, if they should be in the center, off to the side, or something else. Obviously there are so many different things I learn after each step in the film process that would help me in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

The products made represent the social issue of teenage friendship. The film shows the development of two teenage girls who go on to become ...