Saturday, March 11, 2023

A Deep Dive Into Editing

Welcome back my lovely readers, I've now plunged deeper into editing. To describe it in one word: complicated. During editing, there's always things you find that make you want to turn back time and fix during filming. My thoughts went like this: "Ugh, why did we use that shot" or "Did none of us think ahead to editing for that". They were small details, but I was still annoyed with myself. For example, making the shots a little longer or walking a little slower. They ultimately won't make a difference in the movie and anyone watching will not think of those things. But I do and it just slightly bothers me. I just want the movie to look perfect. I already know, perfecto doesn't exist but I see myself as a slight perfectionist. Okay, so now I gotta back to editing. As I was saying before, there's always things you wish to redo or refilm. Sometimes, you have to do exactly that. I think it might be helpful to start the editing even while filming is still going to know what might need to get filmed again. I don't mean at the location, I mean before the next day. I mentioned in the last blog how I pay attention to details, and of course I made some specific suggestions. One of them being, to slow down the time lapse at the beach a little. The time lapse was supposed to show the struggle Sam and Riley had, the longer the video, the more the struggle. After all, this is their first clue and shouldn't be too easy. Overall, editing doesn't totally suck as I kind of said it did.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

The products made represent the social issue of teenage friendship. The film shows the development of two teenage girls who go on to become ...