Tuesday, March 14, 2023

The Film Review

Welcome back my lovely readers, today was the day my group and I made the changes to our film. The changes were on title design and music. One of my friends watched the film and gave suggestions. All of the suggestions were well thought out.
Changing music is always the most difficult. Audio is difficult to work with and adjusting the volume to have a fade becomes complex. Fading the music in and out takes a lot of editing capability. The music now subtly appears and subtly disappears, having the fade effect.
The title designs are now a little more eye catching, but still not distracting. They essentially now align with my original suggestion. My suggestion creates a theme effect for them. I wanted the title designs to have a consistent font and consistent colors. This gives it a more uniform look. When I say they got changed, the format got changed. The format having a structure makes the movie look more clean. My friend said how they were too small, and she didn't fully realize they were there.
The transitions were a big focus in the editing process. I wanted the clips to have a smooth transition, especially when they are part of the same theme. However, the group wanted them to be distinct. The transitions are now uniform. My friend mentioned how the transitions looked messy. Not every transition is exactly the same, but most of them are.
I think the changes made make the film look much better. Asking someone without any experience in making a movie (not that I'm a professional at it) was good for the film. I'm happy about the changes that got made and getting input from an outside source was essential.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

The products made represent the social issue of teenage friendship. The film shows the development of two teenage girls who go on to become ...