Friday, March 17, 2023

The Last Hoorah of Production

Good morning my lovely readers, today marks the end of production. The movie has been filmed, edited, and reviewed. Filming took four days and five locations. Editing took several days and many hours. The review was actually the short part, it only took about a day.
It was a tiring process, to be blunt. I have to say though, it was very educational for my movie knowledge. Now I can appreciate films a little bit better. 
To get back on track, the main things I learned during filming were to come prepared. Not knowing your lines just wastes time and is selfish to the other people. That being said, I did not memorize my lines all that much. Yes, but I memorized them very quickly. Preparedness is also having props. My group had to scramble a little to get our props together, it was mostly because of the poster, seashell, and tickets (the big props).
When it comes to editing, I learned to always think ahead. When doing research, start gathering ideas. "I liked that establishing shot" so use that same angle for your own movie. It could even be, "will this be heard during editing" and "will this need to be refilmed". Just simple thoughts like those, help you in the future.
The film review was definitely crucial. It gave great suggestions from an outside perspective.
All in all, production was very fun but difficult. Some things were harder than others, but it all worked out in the end.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

The products made represent the social issue of teenage friendship. The film shows the development of two teenage girls who go on to become ...